Wednesday, February 24, 2016

future

one interesting thing from our visit to 417 magazine was the different processes they go through as far as page design and pictures. it's cool to see how it starts with small ideas and stock images and then ends up with real pictures from photo shoots they have, arranged with the final font and page design. another interesting thing was seeing how much they have going on all at once. although we only get a magazine every couple weeks, they're consistently working on multiple issues at a time. a third thing i found interesting was hearing about peoples' different jobs based on their positions. i liked seeing all that goes into making the magazine what it is and all the options that are available for different areas of interests. 

one question i have is if they ever find any mistakes after the publication of the issue. 


if i had to work for any magazine it'd be cosmo. that would be my dream job. i love the values that are stressed in cosmo, as well as the feminism, body positivity, and acceptance that their writers all believe in. 


in one year i'd like to be doing well in college, finding my thing, and figuring out what i specifically want to major in. in 5 years i hope to be graduated from college and getting a start on my career, whether it's in an internship or a job that i actually plan on keeping for the rest of my life. in 10 years, 50 years, and on it's impossible to tell what i'll be like or where i'll be in my life. i just hope i'm happy and i make other people happy. that's all. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they find mistakes after publication--probably several. I'd like to know how they don't let that drive them crazy like it does me when I find ones I've made in important things.

    ReplyDelete