Friday, March 18, 2016

print writing

this print looks like rain trails are streaming down it, pulling the pigment from the picture as they continue on their paths. at the top, the print is a silvery gray, but there are large blue blotches ringed faintly with green scattered around the page, growing more frequent in number as they reach the bottom. the top of the print looks like faded wallpaper, but the bottom reminds me more of a pond, deep blue waters thick with algae. the print looks like a watercolor painting because of the watery appearance of the blotches and rain streaks. it makes me feel calm, like how i would feel on a cool rainy day or having a picnic in a meadow by a small thriving pond. although it's calming to me, i'd say this print reminds me of the story the yellow wallpaper by charlotte perkins gilman, mostly because of the faded wallpaper look. it's also sort of ominous as well, even if to me particularly it's relaxing. it isn't yellow, and the pattern certainly doesn't look like a woman trapped behind bars, but the fact it looks worn and pale brings that image to my head. 

rivulets of rain
dive down silver wallpaper
explode in color


1 comment: