Wednesday, March 30, 2016

foreign exchange letter (jennifer)



Dear Sophia,
      I'm Jennifer, a 21-year-old girl studying English at Qingdao University. I'm your partner for the Exchange Project. In the photo I attached below, you can see me clearly. I'm not beautiful and a little fat. Even if sometimes I feel sad about my look-Why am I look so common?But later, I accept that. Because I think, I must excel in some fields. And I will achieve a great goal and become a useful man.
   
       Let me introduce my family to you. I have my mom, older sister(40), older brother(38).My sister and my brother are all married. And they all have two sons.So I have four nephews. You may be puzzled about the age distance between my brother.Actually, I'm an adopted girl. I was abandoned when I was born.My adoptive parents found and raised me.They treated me as if I was their real daughter. From when I could remember, I was told that I was an adopted girl. They even helped me find my natural parents and told me who they were and where whey were.Sometimes, I would spent the New Year with them. But before long,they on longer like me. So I lost in touch with them ulittle by little. I never come to see them from then on.I decided to forget them.Because I don't want to hurt my mom's heart. I want to accompany her and love her for good. Oh, I forget to tell you, when I was 10,my adoptive dad passed away because of cancer. Sometimes I felt very sad and I would cry at night. I love him so much, and my mom. They all give me deep love. I never feel myself pitiful. Instead, I feel I was the most lucky man. Because God let me come across them, they are the precious gifts God sent to me.

       When I was a junior high school student, I dreamed about becoming an English teacher.However, after I entered senior school,I changed it. Because I found it's quite boring to be an English teacher. So I want to be an interpreter.As an interpreter, I will have more chances to explore the world and touch more foreign culture I never before.
       In my spare time, I like listening to music, drawing, watching movies,taking photos and making handworks.In the photo below, you can see my work. The girl is my friend.I sent my work to her. That's called “Feng ling” (windbell).I like playing volleyball, but I don't like running. Because I am a ulittle fat, I feel out of breath.But I do indoor exercise in order to lose weight.I tried to find a part-time job to spare my tuition, but I couldn't find a suitable job for me.
   
      Now I am a freshman, I will work hard to achieve my aim. No pain, no gain. I believe I can do that.
Even if we never meet before,I regard you as my first foreign friend .What I mentioned is all my real life experience. I 
want to show you the real me. I look forward to maintaining contacts with you.
  
      I have read your essay.In my opinion,your essay  is a little poetic.I can't deny that I couldn't understand it 
totally,because I have difficulty in understand the word's meaning. My English level is far behind you. So I need to improve it.And I think your attention about life are nice. Shell is common, but you let it different and unique.It will be helpful for you to be a journalist.Give me more time to read your essay, and I will love it.
     Attached  is my homework.My writing style is quite common,I hope ,maybe you will like it.

Sincerely,
Jennifer

Dear Jennifer,

I’m sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I was gone for a while because of spring break, and it is difficult to respond to your letters because of the restrictions we have on our computers at school. However, I have read your letters and you sound very interesting! You sound like a very motivated, hardworking individual, and I admire you for that. You’re right, no pain, no gain. An interpreter is such a cool job to have! I know that if you keep working hard, you will be able to achieve such great things and have many opportunities to travel and experience new things. 

I love listening to music and watching movies too! I like a very broad spectrum of music. In fact, I am going to see one of my favorite bands in concert in a few weeks! I am very excited. I like to draw, like you, but I also love to read and write. That probably makes sense because I want to be a journalist, but I like different types of writing other than journalistic writing, such as fiction and poetry. I can tell you caught on, since you said my essay sounded like poetry. In a way, a lot of my writing tends to sound poetic. I think words are beautiful and I love stringing them together to form beautiful scenes. 

I also read your object essay. I don’t think you are crazy at all! Losing such an important loved one is very tough. I  understand that he meant a lot and I really felt that you cared for him in your writing. I hope you keep expressing yourself in writing! Your work was very impressive and I loved how you explained every feeling you had about your father and that photo. Thank you for sharing such an intimate piece with me. I look forward to receiving more works of yours!

Sincerely,
Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment