Tuesday, January 26, 2016

foggy mirror (ci 126)

i stand near enough to the glass that my breath
fogs it up in gentle puffs. 
in.
out.
i breathe, opening my eyes to the broken scene before me.
my hands linger over the smooth surface, poised. 
for what, i'm not sure. 
i have the sudden urge to press my hands into the faultless surface,
break it into a 
thousand 
tiny 
rippling 
rings.
it shows me what i can't stand to see,
the person i can't bear to look in the eyes.
in one swift motion, i shove the mirror to the floor.
it crashes
cracks
shatters
splinters.
but i don't care. 
i can't see the brokenness anymore. 
Image result for grunge mirror

2 comments:

  1. I am in love with those first four lines... And sadly I know there's a lot of truth in this, in the way many of us see ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sophia. I really like this poem, and its uniqueness. I thought the part where each word is a line by itself really brought out that part and emphasized it well. Good job with this!

    ReplyDelete